Thursday, January 5, 2012

Direction

I've been having a real think today about the direction I wish to head with dollshouse miniatures rather than having no particular focus or direction. I am pleased to say I have made a decision. I have long had a love of things relating to the Arts and Craft Movement, particularly with regard to Morris, Rosetti and Edward Burne-Jones. I've decided to do some research and try to create some miniatures in line with this period. I would also like to look into how this movement influenced New Zealand furnishings and design. I've also decided to have a go at miniature wood inlay when I can get hold of some wood veneers. I'm by no means an expert woodworker so this will be a real challenge, but every craftsman started somewhere. I'm just heading to bed now with my husband's i-pad to do some research. Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment