Sunday, January 22, 2012

Reporting In

Well, it is now 9.00pm NZ time on Sunday night. What did I do today in between housework?
I made up a book kit from http://www.paperminis.com/. They have some lovely items. Today I made up "Schubert's Illustrated Animal Kingdom" which was illustrated during the late 19th century. It even has fold out pages, a dust jacket and a book sleeve. I get a Classic Book of the Month kit sent out to me each month. I won't try to post a photo of the book as it won't do it justice. Check it out on their site.
Also, I made a fabric covered sewing box as shown below, some of the contents of which are also from a kit from the Paper Minis website. I'm quite pleased with the way the box turned out. I think it looks quite good on the seat I made for my sister's gallery. I might have to make myself one and find a little lady to sit and sew on it.


I also managed to pick myself up a new 'old' dollshouse. It is an old tin Triang No.50 (one of the earlier ones) from about the 1950s. It has certainly seen better days but it will be a good challenge to try and restore it. Hopefully I will receive it during the week and will post some photos. I really must stop looking at the on-line auctions.
Anyway, I think I'll retire from my craft room for the day and will go and flick through some dolls house magazines.

No comments:

Post a Comment